Submit your work.
We are looking for some amazing stories and perspectives on life, love, identity, dream chasing, writing, womanhood, manhood, exploration, and so much more. If you are a writer looking to expand the audience for your work, we would love to hear from you!
The theme for the next installment is Mental Health. As we approach Mental Health Awareness month, we want to take a look at how we maintain mental health, navigate the downfalls of it, and much more. Mental Health is often stigmatized in communities of color, but we are making strides to opening up more and more public conversations on the issue. We want your pieces that explore this topic, and look forward to reading your submissions.
We are accepting essays, creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, and book excerpts.
Submissions are due March 13th for the next issue and should not exceed 800 words and are open to both female and male writers of color.
PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE SUBMITTING!
- By submitting, you acknowledge that you are the sole copyright owner and this is your original work.
- WLD Publishing assumes no ownership of your work and will publish solely as a promotional opportunity.
- You agree to give WLD permission to exploit work digitally and use your namesake as well as snippets from the work for promo on the world wide web.
- Submit only one piece per issue.
- You will receive a response if we decide to publish your piece. We cannot reach out to everyone that was not selected.
- You will not be monetarily compensated for your submission (Yet. We hope to pay writers in the future. We're working on a model that will help bring this to fruition.)
When will I know if my submission has been selected?
We give our team a month to read all the submissions. So you will be notified roughly a month after the submission ending date whether your piece was selected.
Can I submit a piece that has been previously published?
Yes. Works do not have to be unique to Permission to Write. As long as you have the rights to re-publish the work.
How are submissions selected?
We have a small team of Submissions Editors that review each of the submissions ANONYMOUSLY and score them based on storytelling, style, effort, creativity, detail, and grammar. The highest scores are selected for the issue and writers are contacted for editing.
When do submissions re-open?
Submissions re-open the month of the release and the period opens for one month.
Do I still own the rights to the work I've submitted?
ABSOLUTELY. We just want to share your book with our readers.
Do I have the ability to advertise my book?
Yes, please check out our Work With Us page for details on advertising.